Fixed Fee Child Application Forms (Child Arrangements Order for Residence & Contact)
Form C100 including taking full instructions and preparing the documents
I can prepare your full case and represent you at each hearing
Form C1A (only required if there are/have been welfare concerns)
Ongoing representation will be charged at £350 for a hearing less than 1/2 day, £550 for 1/2 day and £1,200 for a fee day
It is difficult to say exactly how many hearings will be necessary, that will depend on both parties willingness to see the matter resolved, If you are both willing to see the matter resolved, then it seems to average 5 hearings.
1. First hearing – less than 1/2 day – Cost £350
2. Dispute resolution hearing – if case can be resolved at this hearing it will stop here – less than 1/2 day – Cost £350
3. If CAFCASS are involved their will have to a hearing to consider their report – less than 1/2 day – Cost £350
4. If the dispute cannot be resolved the court may want to hear evidence on any “allegations”. This is called a fact finding hearing. The hearing time will depend on the complexity of the allegations, but they tend to be at least 1 full day – Cost £1,200 +
5. Final hearing – where the court will make a final order – less than 1/2 day – Cost £350
The preparation of your case will require me to advise you on drafting witness statements, scott schedule (setting out and replying to any allegations) + ongoing advice – Cost £750
Based on a 5 hearing case (as above) your total costs would be £3,700.
1. VAT is payable (where applicable) in addition to my fees, and you may also need to pay court fees in addition to my fees.
2. If a hearing is more than a 60 mile round trip you will also have to meet my petrol costs
3. The fixed fee scheme requires you to provide reasonable instructions in a reasonable and timely manner. If yoiu fail to do so I am entitled to withdraw my services.
4. The fees must be paid in advance before I can commence work for you.
5. Fixed fees are not suitable for everyone. I will discuss them with you carefully before going ahead. I reserve the right to refuse to offer fixed fees and if so I charge an hourly rate of £190 PH.