Summary of Fixed Fees – Family Law Divorce and Civil Partnership Dissolution Cases
|Uncontested Divorce (petitioner)||£550|
|Uncontested Divorce (respondent)||£300|
If you have reached an agreement after divorce
|Cohabitation agreement (depending if I draft, or advise on an agreement drafted by another lawyer)||£550/£700|
|Separation agreement (depending if I draft, or advise on an agreement drafted by another lawyer)||£550/£700|
|Pre-Nuptual agreement (depending if I draft, or advise on an agreement drafted by another lawyer)||
|Parental Responsibility agreement||£100|
|Change of name deed||£95|
Drafting a consent order if you have reached an agreement
I can offer a fixed fee service for spousal maintenance matters. I can provide fees for various stages of the spousal maintenance proceedings. The agreed fixed fee will be dependent on the volume of work involved in the case and the complexity of the matter.
If you seek representation in a Financial Settlement after divorce, that being because you and your ex-partner have failed to reach an agreement on the financial position. My fees start at £4,000 for preparing the case and attending court for up to a 1 day hearing. If your case is complicated and is listed in court for more than 1 day the fee will have to be agreed and may be costed in stages.
1. VAT is payable where applicable. You will have to also pay court fees in addition to my fees, (unless you are on benefits and the court waives the fee, you will have to make a specific application to the court) . The current court fee for divorce proceedings is £550 and the current court fee for applying for a consent order to be approved is £50.
2. The fixed fee scheme requires you to provide reasonable instructions in a reasonable and timely manner. If you do not do so then I may have to charge an additional fee. My fixed fee service means that I do not charge you any additional fees for you to speak to me on the phone during office hours, or for you to send me emails which you need a reply to. This is subject to the contact you make with me not being excessive in nature, (I do not expect to get calls every day from 1 client, or many emails in a day from 1 client) if your contact is excessive I would have to charge you based on an hourly rate of £175ph (I will always notify you in advance if I seek to impose this additional fee).
3. If the proceedings become unexpectedly complicated (including the issue of separate court applications in addition to the usual ancillary relief process), I reserve the right to amend the fixed fee and charge for this extra work on a time spent basis.
4. Fixed fees are only available for cases where the total assets are worth £850,000 or less. If your assets are over £1 Million, hourly rates will have to be charged.
5. If I need to involve outside experts, you will have to meet those fees yourself. For example, you may need advice from accountants, pension experts or surveyors.
6. Unless stated otherwise, the fixed fees do not include representation at court hearings.
7. If you instruct me on a financial settlement case i will require a £2,000 retainer and the balance to be paid on a later agreed stage date.
8. Fixed fees are not suitable for everyone. I will discuss them with you carefully before going ahead.
9. I reserve the right to refuse to offer fixed fee services.