Defamation Cases – Fixed Fee Services
All Prices exclude VAT which will be added at 20% if applicable
Before commencing any action for defamation a formal letter before action must be served.
If you seek to know the merits of starting a case i can give a written advice and I charge 3 hours at £250ph to give you that written advice.
I can draft a letter before action – Fees start at £250.
If the LBA is ignored then you will need to consider commencing proceedings with a Particulars of Claim having to be issued along with the court forms. If you seek to commence Defamation proceedings I charge £2,500 to deal with all matters up to a first court hearing.
Ongoing representation will be charged at £400 for a hearing less than 1/2 day, £650 for 1/2 day hearing and £1,500 for a full day hearing.
1. VAT is payable (where applicable) in addition to my fees, and you may also need to pay court fees in addition to my fees.
2. If a hearing is more than a 60 mile round trip you will also have to meet my petrol costs
3. The fixed fee scheme requires you to provide reasonable instructions in a reasonable and timely manner. If you fail to do so I am entitled to withdraw my services.
4. The fees must be paid in advance before I can commence work for you.
5. If your claim succeeds I will seek that your costs are paid by the other side
5. Fixed fees are not suitable for everyone. I will discuss them with you carefully before going ahead. I reserve the right to refuse to offer fixed fees and if so I charge an hourly rate of £190 PH.