Summary of Fixed Fees – Family Law Divorce and Civil Partnership Dissolution Cases
Fees for Child Care Proceedings CLICK HERE
|Uncontested Divorce (petitioner)||£550|
|Uncontested Divorce (respondent)||£300|
If you have reached an agreement after divorce
|Cohabitation agreement (depending if I draft, or advise on an agreement drafted by another lawyer)||£550/700|
|Separation agreement (depending if I draft, or advise on an agreement drafted by another lawyer)||£550/700|
|Pre-Nuptual agreement (depending if I draft, or advise on an agreement drafted by another lawyer)||
|Parental Responsibility agreement||£100|
|Change of name deed||£95|
Drafting a consent order if you have reached an agreement
I can offer a fixed fee service for spousal maintenance matters. I can provide fees for various stages of the spousal maintenance proceedings. The agreed fixed fee will be dependent on the volume of work involved in the case and the complexity of the matter.
If you seek representation in a Financial Settlement after divorce, that being because you and your ex-partner have failed to reach an agreement on the financial position. My fees start at £4,000 for preparing the case and attending court for a for up to a 1 day hearing. If your case is complicated and is listed in court for multiple days the fee will have to be agrreed and may be costed in stages.
1. VAT is payable where applicable. You will have to also pay court fees in addition to my fees, (unless you are on benefits and the court waives the fee, you will have to make a specific application to the court) . The current court fee for divorce proceedings is £550 and the current court fee for applying for a consent order to be approved is £50.
2. The fixed fee scheme requires you to provide reasonable instructions in a reasonable and timely manner. If you do not do so then I may have to charge an additional fee. My fixed fee service means that I do not charge you any additional fees to speak to me on the phone up to 8pm at night or between 9am and 12 noon on Saturdays, or for you to send me emails that you need a reply to. This is subject to the contact you make not being excessive, if so I would have to charge you pro-rata based on an hourly rate of £175ph (I will always notify you in advance if I seek to impose this additional fee).
3. If the proceedings become unexpectedly complicated (including the issue of separate court applications in addition to the usual ancillary relief process), I reserve the right to charge for this extra work on a time spent basis.
4. Fixed fees are only available for cases where the total assets are worth £850,000 or less. If the assets are over £1 Million, hourly rates may have to be charged.
5. If I need to involve outside experts, you will have to meet those fees yourself. For example, you may need advice from accountants, pension experts or surveyors.
6. Unless stated otherwise, the fixed fees do not include representation at court hearings.
7. The fees for each stage are payable in two parts. 50% is payable at the start of each stage and 50% at the end of each stage.
8. Fixed fees are not suitable for everyone. I will discuss them with you carefully before going ahead.
I reserve the right to refuse to offer fixed fees.